Indigenous Plants and Essential Oils Field Day
In the heart of the Granite Belt
Saturday, Nov 13th, 2021 10am.
Held at 106 St. Jude’s Lane, Ballandean Qld.
Confirmed presentations – more to come
- Distillation demo. of tea tree oil from Melaleuca alternifolia, native to this area
- Insights into the clinical use of Australian essential oils with Deb Atterby
- Bushfood display and discussion with Tracey and Doug from NativeOz Bushfoods
- Overview and samples of medicinal and edible plant species from the Granite Belt with Andrew Pengelly
- Indigenous foods and medicine research report – Sophie Ader from Uniquely Australian Foods (University of Queensland)
- Bonus – Sunday morning guided walk to explore wildflowers in the granite hills around Ballandean
The venue is approx. 2.5 hr drive from Brisbane and the Gold Coast
- Good holiday parks in the area, a list will be provided
- Motels in Stanthorpe, a 25 minute drive away.
- Numerous private accommodation options in vineyards and properties around Ballandean and the Granite Belt area. Book early, they are in hot demand.
- Limited camping available at the venue
Full cost. Incl. lunch, morning and afternoon teas $80 pp. (IPHA Members $70)
For registration please visit www.indigenousplantsforhealth.com
Indigenous Plants for Health Association Inc. (IPHA)
Queensland Field Day 8th November, 2020
Venue: Petah Tikhva (Gate of Hope), 564 Blackall Range Rd. West Woombye, Qld.
9.30 am Introduction and Welcome to country
9.45 Morning tea
10.10. Plant walks, break into 2 groups
Group 1A. Food forest walk – Warwick Grace
Group 2A. Medicinal plant and botanical awareness walk – Andrew Pengelly
11.15. Distillation of lemon-scented ironbark Pt. 1– Andrew and Warwick
12.15 – 1.15 Lunch
1.15 Break in 2 groups
Group 1B. Learning about lichens – Kathleen Bennett
Group 2B. Product displays – Native Oz Bushfoods. Witchetty Grub Bushfood Nursery.
Petah Tikhva grow and provide bush food ingredients for Native Oz Bushfoods, an Aboriginal owned company
Witchetty Grub Bushfood Nursery. Selection of bushfood plants on sale
Meet and discuss. Bushfood products and plants for sale
2.00 Reverse groups, as above
2.45 Plant walks (1A, 2A) Reverse groups from morning walk – Warwick and Andrew
3.45 Afternoon tea
4.00 Distillation part 2. Separation of essential oil and hydrosol. Andrew
4.40 Ceremonial Tree planting – everyone
Bushtime at Woodfordia
I’ll be presenting a workshop, botanical awareness walk and an essential oil distillation demo on week 2, 28th and 29th September 2020
Check the website for times, registration and other events.